Following an announced inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), it is deemed that Reading Smiles Dental needs to take ‘no action’ following the publication of a report published on 1 June 2017 by the CQC.
Reading Smiles is a private dental practice that provides treatment to patients of all ages, and was found to:
- provide safe care in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- have systems and processes in place to provide safe care and treatment.
- provide effective care with patients describing the treatment they received as amazing, efficient and professional.
- be caring with patients commenting that they were made to feel at ease, especially for those who were anxious about visiting the dentist.
- have an efficient appointment system that met patients’ needs. For example patients could get an appointment quickly if in pain.
- be responsive and valued compliments from patients and responded to concerns and complaints quickly and constructively.
The CQC is the national organisation that checks the quality and safety of health and social care services.