35 Parkside Road
The Jamaica Society & Friends Reading has organised an event for its members, to help local people understand dementia. Non-members of the society are also welcome to attend the event, for a £10 cost, payable on the day.
The objectives of the course are:
- To separate Facts from Fiction
- To identify the different types of dementia
- To appreciate the differences that people living with dementia may experience. Dementia is unique to the individual.
- To explain how our memory works
- To demonstrate the importance of good communication skills
- To appreciate how our past can shape our future
Key Learning Points:
- To recognise that dementia affects people in different ways
- Dementia is caused when the brain is damaged by diseases
- Explain how Neurological damage within the brain may cause everyday functional difficulties
- To understand why people experience differing realities and how to respond to emotions that arise from these.
Contact the Society to let them know if you want to attend.