Carisbrooke, a small care home for people with learning disabilties, has been rated ‘Good’ after an inspection by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The CQC, which checks the quality of all social care services, published findings on 21 December 2018 of its visit to the Emmer Green home. It said Carisbrooke had maintained its previous ‘Good’ rating because it continued to:
- keep people safe
- ensure it had enough staff
- find the least restrictive options to enable people to take part in activities they enjoyed
- show caring attitudes towards residents and maintain their dignity and privacy
- work effectively with community organisations and other professionals
- show a clear vision from the manager.