Welcome To Healthwatch Reading
Healthwatch Reading helps people get the best out of their health and social care services.
If you need support, advice, or want to raise an issue or complaint then please contact us.
- People need more help to harness their enthusiasm for giving feedback about GPs
More than three-quarters of people want to share feedback to help make the NHS better, according to a new national survey by Healthwatch England.
- Westwood Road Health Centre now rated ‘good’ after making improvements
The Tilehurst-based surgery has better patient satisfaction scores, according to a report from quality inspectors.
- Rosebank House rated ‘good’ for its care of people with mental health needs
Rosebank House is based in Caversham and provides 24/7 cares for 13 adults who have left psychiatric hospital wards.
- Patients consulted about proposed closure of Whitley Wood Surgery due to GP shortages
The surgery is an outpost of Westwood Road Health centre, which can’t recruit enough doctors to keep both sites open.
- Reading patients face changes to which medications their GP will or won’t prescribe
Gluten-free foods and many over-the-counter medicines will no longer be prescribed to Reading people by their GPs, under changes being voted on during September 2017.