Welcome To Healthwatch Reading
Healthwatch Reading helps people get the best out of their health and social care services.
If you need support, advice, or want to raise an issue or complaint then please contact us.
- Our team news for the past month
Our staff team has had a busy few weeks, hearing latest concerns about local GP surgeries, holding a pop-up information stall, and attending a national event discussing how patients can influence new NHS sustainability and transformation plans (STPs).
- Private company pulls out of bid to run NHS 111 helpline across the Thames Valley
The company Care UK, has pulled out of bidding to run the NHS 111 helpline which is rung by Reading people seeking advice on health problems.
- Mental health inpatients are being denied advocacy and a say on their care
More than one-quarter of psychiatric inpatients are not involved in their own care planning, and 12% are not informed of their right to an independent mental health advocate (IMHA) according to a new report from the Care Quality Commission.
- Healthwatch Reading fights patients’ corner on NHS ‘transformation’ plans
Healthwatch Reading has revealed its own warnings about draft NHS plans that were leaked to the public by Reading Borough Council on 16 November.
- Ambitions and challenges for maternity care discussed at Thames Valley meeting
Improving maternity care for women in Reading and the rest of the Thames Valley will be “challenging” in the coming years, according to a meeting held in late October.