Welcome To Healthwatch Reading
Healthwatch Reading helps people get the best out of their health and social care services.
If you need support, advice, or want to raise an issue or complaint then please contact us.
- Patient pressure forces RBH to take more time to decide hydrotherapy pool’s future
A decision will be deferred until June 30, 2017, following challenge from Healthwatch Reading over the decision-making process, plus a patient petition and action by Reading’s two MPs.
- Circuit Lane Surgery patients entrust Healthwatch Reading to fight their corner
About 150 people attended a public meeting on 12 January 2016 to give examples of negative experiences at the surgery – but the organisation that is running the surgery did not send anybody to the meeting.
- OneMedicalGroup publishes action plan to address patient complaints about Circuit Lane
OneMedicalGroup says it received 26 complaints about the surgery between 22 Sept 2016 and 9 Jan 2017; its action plan includes a new walk-in clinic to improve appointments access, and a new pharmacist to reduce repeat prescription delays.
- Read our Q&A with the organisation running Circuit Lane and Priory Avenue surgeries
The 10 questions we submitted to OneMedicalGroup covered a range of topics, including repeat prescriptions, phone lines, appointment, staffing, and the new walk-in clinic that sees the first 30 patients of the day who turn up.
- Our staff team report for December 2016
We have been speaking up on behalf of patients concerned about GP surgeries, the hydrotherapy pool closure and a proposed health and wellbeing strategy for the town.